Thursday 1 March 2012

House of Wax Mix



Meatskull has moved! One of my favourite music blogs has transformed itself into something even more time-wastingly ace! There's all sorts of stuff to find on the new blog. It's called Mad Tangent. You find a link on the right of this site. Yep, just over here ---------------------------->

So, here's a nice mix by Lyndon, the guy who runs the blog. If you're from Sydney, you can catch him on the radio on 2SER 107.3 fm , with his show Another Angle. I'm in Melbourne, so this is as close as I get.

Here's what Lyndon has to say about this mix:

"Tomorrow afternoon, I’ll be spinning records alongside some of the finest music selectors Sydney has to offer at The House Of Wax running from 4pm at Essen Restaurant & Beer Cafe on Broadway.
I thought I’d put together a mix of records featuring jazz funk & fusion, rare groove and reggae with a touch of soul  -  a small sip from the musical chalice that will be passed around by myself Willo, Adrian Firehouse and Rick G. Hope to see you there."

--tracklisting--

Alice Coltrane – Blue Nile
Bobbie Gentry – Seasons Come & Seasons Go
Quincy Jones – Listen (What It Is)
Eddie Henderson – Galaxy
The Spirit Of Atlanta – Freddie’s Alive
John Lee Hooker – Homework
Jacob Miller – I Am A Natty
The Guinness Cassanovas – Stormy
Sun Sect feat. Pam – She’s Hot
Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons – You’re A Song (That I Can’t Sing)
Kunuhiko Murai – Yajugari M-14 T-1
The Beatles – Sun King (Instrumental)
The Persuaders – Love’s Gonna Pack Up (And Walk Out)
Judy Mowatt – Mellow Mood
Jah Fish – Vampire Rock
Burning Spear – Cry Blood Africa


No comments:

Post a Comment