Saturday 12 November 2011

Todd Terje -- Remaster of the Universe


Todd Terje loves disco. That's good, because I love disco, too. The kid's only 25 years old, but man, does he know his disco. The guy is from some small village near Oslo, so there can't have been too many nightclubs for him to go to. So he started playing his own stuff on tapes at the local junior-school. And then, he discovered computers and almost single-handedly caused the re-emergence of the disco-edit.

Here's a little celebration of some great edits by Todd Terje. I love his remix of Chic's "I Want Your Love". It's a fun track to play to a dancefloor, because everyone thinks it's going to be something else. And then it isn't. I love fucking with a dancefloor.

This mix is put together by Leftside Wobble, and I'll do a little post about them soon, because they're kinda cool as well.

Tracklisting
  • Willow Band - Willowman (Todd Terje Edit)
  • Claudja Barry - I Wanna Dance (TangoTerge Edit)
  • Michael Jackson - Can't Help It (TangoTerje Edit)
  • Paul Simon - Diamonds (Todd Terje Dub)
  • Crusaders - My Lady (TangoTerje Edit)
  • Kaoru Inoue - The Secret Field (Todd Terje Remix)
  • Dolle Jolle - Balearic Incarnation (Todd Terje Remix)
  • Chaz Jankel - Glad To Know You (Todd Terje Edit)
  • Chic - I Want Your Love (Todd Terje Edit)
  • America - Horse With Know Name (Todd Terje Edit)

  
In Todd We Trust by Leftside Wobble

No comments:

Post a Comment